This is a pattern DA 4856 (Developmental Counseling Form) for a Soldier transferring to the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) with at the least 3 years of energetic obligation, or at least years of energetic obligation + 3 years of Troop Program Unit (TPU) time. These squaddies transfer to the IRR manipulate institution for reinforcement.
Soldiers in this manage group are not required to do annual training. Since rules change, some of the items listed below might also alternate as this text gets older.
Note: if you do no longer have the minimum three years of lively responsibility or years of energetic obligation +3 years of TPU, you’d be requesting a switch to the IRR, Control Group-Training. You might have an AT requirement each year inside the IRR.
The Soldier on this situation has finished his or her six-yr contractual duty inside the TPU. He or she wishes to finish the stability of his or her eight-year initial army obligation within the IRR.
Applicable sections of the Army Developmental Counseling Form for a Soldier shifting to the IRR, Control Group Reinforcement:
DA 4856: Purpose of Counseling:
Event Oriented Counseling: You are being suggested on your selection to submit an Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) switch request.
You declared your intention to complete the rest of your contractual obligation within the IRR.
Your Contractual Obligation ends [DFAS date format]. Your Statutory Obligation ends [Actual ETS date, DFAS date format]. Despite your switch from the TPU into the IRR, you will nevertheless be a member of the Ready Reserve. You aren’t “out” or “discharged” from the military. Although your transfer into the IRR will let you keep many equipped reserve advantages, some key benefits of being within the TPU will end. As the [title of counselor], it is my obligation to make certain that you understand the alternatives which might be available to you.
DA 4856: Key Points of Discussion:
– As a member of the TPU, you are eligible for the following advantages: Common Access Card (CAC), army pay for IDT and AT/ADT; SGLI; Tuition Assistance; TSP; 1st viscount Montgomery of Alamein GI Bill (Ch 1606); the ideal TRICARE coverage, reserve army pension if you entire 20 qualifying years, and many others. If you chose to maintain into the IRR, a number of those advantages will stop. However; you may be eligible for the remainder of your military benefits while within the IRR. You nevertheless need to earn 50 points for retirement every year within the IRR for that year to qualify for retirement eligibility. You should also surrender your CAC upon IRR switch.
– As a member of the IRR, you are eligible for the subsequent benefits: DD Form 2, reserve ID card (Green). Military pay for AT/ADT/mobilization; reserve military pension in case you entire 20 qualifying years; PX/Commissary privileges; the suitable TRICARE dental insurance, an inexperienced navy ID (IRR) card, and different advantages. However; so that it will preserve these advantages, you need to retain to take part satisfactorily in the IRR through responding to HRC’s correspondence, attending annual musters (paid), and by way of doing some other factor gaining pastime, you’re authorized to do.
– HRC will mail muster orders to you every year. Your annual musters will take region 1 day a yr, and could range from 2 to 8 hours. If you’re receiving VA incapacity reimbursement, you may acquire both muster and incapacity pay. Ensure that HRC has your present day/accurate contact information. Since you’ve got at the least [3 years active duty ___ (or) 2 years active duty +3 years TPU__], you will be transferred into the IRR Control Group, Reinforcement. You will no longer have an AT requirement at some stage in IRR; but, you could request such education.
– You can earn your factors from days on mobilization/energetic responsibility, AT/ADT, funeral duty, IDT/Drill (factors handiest), and participation points (PP). The most inactive points (IDT + PP) that you may get in a retirement yr is one hundred thirty factors. You get one lively point for each day on the active obligation. The maximum lively factors you may get within the year is the variety of days that yr has. You also can drill for points most effective, now not pay, even as in the IRR.
– As a member of the IRR, you will be entitled to a Navy ID card (IRR/green). You’ll nevertheless have access to an army installation’s DEFAC, PX, Commissary, MWR centers, bodily fitness facilities, and so forth. Your SGLI will expire in keeping with instructions for your IRR orders. If you’re a veteran (earlier active provider/deployment), you’ll be eligible for VGLI. If TRICARE changed into your best medical health insurance, you may want to make preparations with an industrial health insurance provider.
– HRC will hold your data. They’ll paintings with you to timetable your AT or to get you onto mobilization orders. Here’s the Army’s website, MOBCOP, you can use to volunteer for mobilization even as within the IRR: [Volunteer for mobilization website address.]
– If you fall short of fifty factors in a retirement yr, those years will now not count number toward the 20-yr minimum to be eligible to retire with pay. Within 3 months of your ETS, or sooner, notify HRC of your intention to ETS on the way to receive ETS orders.
– The unit can’t make any guarantees toward approval or disapproval of your IRR request.
– You feel that you’re unable to maintain with the TPU due to [Reason explained below].
DA 4856: Plan of Action:
– Consider the above advantages of last inside the TPU, and recall the possibility of enlisting in a brand new TPU contract.
– The unit will initiate and technique an IRR switch request. Maintain communique with the unit and assist with the IRR packet system. Provide extra documentation if asked. Be to be had to sign revised files.
– Until you acquire your IRR orders, preserve the unit up to date if you enjoy an alternate in the deal with, telephone number, electronic mail, etc.
– You’re responsible for drilling with the unit until the transfer date in your IRR orders.
– If you need to RST earlier than your transfer date, post an RST request form and helping documentation through your chain of command.
– Out-process with the Supply SGT, Motor SGT, Operations NCO, UA, UAT, 1SG, CDR, DARN, and different applicable unit sections.
– Download a copy of the IRR handbook from the Internet, or achieve it from a Soldier that has already downloaded it.
– Familiarize your self with the above mobilization possibility websites.
– Upon transfer to the IRR, give up your CAC card at the nearest navy ID card office, and gain your DD Form 2, Reserve ID card (Green).
– Understand that whilst inside the IRR, you’re now not “out” of the navy. You’re nevertheless within the prepared reserve, situation to annual muster and difficulty to mobilization.
– Continue to have interaction in physical fitness to assist hold your deployable status.
– Strive to achieve no less than 50 retirement points for every retirement year within the IRR.
– Answer HRC correspondences to you requiring a reaction. Store HRC facts correspondences in a specific folder for future reference.
– Fully read and recognize your HRC muster orders, and document for muster as instructed in these orders. Bring requested documentation.
– Surrender your Reserve ID card within the occasion of your reenlistment with the TPU or Active Duty; receive a CAC in its place.
– You can drill with this or some other unit if you want factors, but no longer for pay, whilst within the IRR fame. The Career Counselor has details on how you can accomplish this.
– At the stop of your MSO, and not using a reenlistment, surrender your DD Form 2, Reserve ID card (Green).
– Understand that the day after your MSO ends, you may routinely end up inside the Militia of the US and of the country/territory you live in. Federal law identifies in position-bodied men from 17 to forty-five, state regulation identifies comparable or exceptional age stages. Some states consist of girls in that category. This method that once your MSO ETS, in case you’re in this institution, you are difficulty to military muster with the aid of orders of the president or your governor.
– Effective your switch into the IRR, the IRR unit patch turns into your unit patch. You’ll additionally use the IRR regimental badge in the location of [current unit badge] on your Asus.
– While within the IRR, maintain communication with HRC and replace them along with your latest deal with, phone, email, job, scientific popularity, and so forth., adjustments.
DA 4856: Session Closing:
– I recognize the options and cutting-edge SRIP incentives available to me for persevering with the TPU. I will lose TPU precise benefits at the same time as preserving IRR unique blessings once I’m formally in the IRR. While in the IRR, I’m eligible to earn as a minimum 50 retirement factors for that 12 months to be counted toward retirement. I may additionally get those factors thru mobilization, HRC issued AT orders, and so forth. I may be an issue to an APFT at the start of an HRC issued AT order. I will maintain HRC posted on cope with, smartphone quantity, and e-mail adjustments at the same time as I’m inside the IRR. I will give up my CAC and obtain a DD Form 2 (Reserve) green ID card upon switch into the IRR. At the give up of my MSO, I Will give up this green ID card at the nearest ID card office. I will preserve to drill and preserve conversation with the unit until the date on my IRR switch orders. After my switch to the IRR, I’ll preserve communication with HRC. I will familiarize myself with the important thing factors of dialogue, and perform the courses of action.
– Despite what has been discussed above, I wish to request a switch to the IRR. I remember that there may be no guarantee regarding this packet’s approval or disapproval.