This is a pattern DA 4856 (Developmental Counseling Form) for a Soldier moving to the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) with at least 3 years of energetic responsibility or as a minimum two years of active responsibility + 3 years of Troop Program Unit (TPU) time. These soldiers transfer to the IRR control institution for reinforcement.
Soldiers in this control organization are not required to do annual schooling. Since rules change, a number of the objects listed below might also change as this article gets older.
Note: in case you do now not have the minimum 3 years of active duty or two years of lively responsibility +3 years of TPU, you would be soliciting for a switch to the IRR, Control Group-Training. You could have an AT requirement each year in the IRR.
The Soldier in this situation has completed his or her six-12 month’s contractual duty in the TPU. He or she needs to finish the stability of his or her eight-12 months initial army duty in the IRR.
Applicable sections of the Army Developmental Counseling Form for a Soldier transferring to the IRR, Control Group Reinforcement:
DA 4856: Purpose of Counseling:
Event Oriented Counseling: You are being cautioned on your decision to put up an Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) transfer request.
You declared your goal to complete the remainder of your contractual responsibility inside the IRR.
Your Contractual Obligation ends [DFAS date format]. Your Statutory Obligation ends [Actual ETS date, DFAS date format]. Despite your switch from the TPU into the IRR, you’ll still be a member of the Ready Reserve. You are not “out” or “discharged” from the army. Although your transfer into the IRR will permit you to preserve many prepared reserve blessings, a few key advantages of being inside the TPU will stop. As the [title of counselor], it is my obligation to ensure that you apprehend the options that are to be had to you.
DA 4856: Key Points of Discussion:
– As a member of the TPU, you are eligible for the following advantages: Common Access Card (CAC), military pay for IDT and AT/ADT; SGLI; Tuition Assistance; TSP; Bernard Law Montgomery GI Bill (Ch 1606); the perfect TRICARE insurance, reserve army pension in case you complete 20 qualifying years, and so forth. If you chose to retain into the IRR, some of those benefits will stop. However; you may be eligible for the remainder of your military benefits at the same time as in the IRR. You nonetheless want to earn 50 factors for retirement every 12 months in the IRR for that year to qualify for retirement eligibility. You have to also surrender your CAC upon IRR transfer.
– As a member of the IRR, you’re eligible for the following blessings: DD Form 2, reserve ID card (Green). Military pay for AT/ADT/mobilization; reserve military pension if you entire 20 qualifying years; PX/Commissary privileges; the proper TRICARE dental coverage, a green navy ID (IRR) card, and other blessings. However; a good way to maintain those advantages, you have to maintain to take part satisfactorily within the IRR by using responding to HRC’s correspondence, attending annual musters (paid), and via doing any other point gaining activity you’re legal to do.
– HRC will mail muster orders to you each 12 months. Your annual musters will take place 1 day a yr, and could range from 2 to eight hours. If you’re receiving VA disability repayment, you will get hold of both muster and incapacity pay. Ensure that HRC has your today’s/correct touch statistics. Since you have at least [3 years active duty ___ (or) 2 years active duty +3 years TPU__], you will be transferred into the IRR Control Group, Reinforcement. You will now not have an AT requirement at some stage in IRR; however, you could request such education.
– You can earn your points from days on mobilization/lively duty, AT/ADT, funeral obligation, IDT/Drill (factors most effective), and participation points (PP). The maximum inactive factors (IDT + PP) that you may get in a retirement year is one hundred thirty factors. You get one active factor for every day on lively responsibility. The most active factors you could get inside the 12 months is the range of days that year has. You also can drill for factors most effective, not pay, at the same time as in the IRR.
– As a member of the IRR, you may be entitled to a military ID card (IRR/inexperienced). You’ll nevertheless have to get entry to a navy set up’s DEFAC, PX, Commissary, MWR facilities, physical fitness centers, and many others. Your SGLI will expire according to commands for your IRR orders. If you are a veteran (previous active carrier/deployment), you may be eligible for VGLI. If TRICARE became your most effective medical health insurance, you could need to make preparations with a commercial medical insurance provider.
– HRC will keep your records. They’ll paintings with you to timetable your AT or to get you onto mobilization orders. Here’s the Army’s website, MOBCOP, you may use to volunteer for mobilization whilst inside the IRR: [Volunteer for mobilization website address.]
– If you fall brief of 50 points in a retirement yr, those years will now not count number toward the 20-year minimal to be eligible to retire with pay. Within three months of your ETS, or faster, notify HRC of your intention to ETS a good way to acquire ETS orders.
– The unit cannot make any ensures toward approval or disapproval of your IRR request.
– You feel that you’re unable to preserve with the TPU due to [Reason explained below].
DA 4856: Plan of Action:
– Consider the above benefits of last inside the TPU, and keep in mind the possibility of enlisting into a new TPU settlement.
– The unit will initiate and manner an IRR switch request. Maintain communique with the unit and help with the IRR packet system. Provide extra documentation if asked. Be available to signal revised files.
– Until you receive your IRR orders, keep the unit up to date if you experience a change in address, telephone range, e-mail, and so on.
– You’re chargeable for drilling with the unit until the transfer date to your IRR orders.
– If you have to RST before your transfer date, submit an RST request shape and assisting documentation through your chain of command.
– Out-method with the Supply SGT, Motor SGT, Operations NCO, UA, UAT, 1SG, CDR, DARN, and other applicable unit sections.
– Download a duplicate of the IRR handbook from the Internet, or attain it from a Soldier that has already downloaded it.
– Familiarize yourself with the above mobilization possibility websites.
– Upon switch to the IRR, give up your CAC card at the nearest military ID card office, and gain your DD Form 2, Reserve ID card (Green).
– Understand that while inside the IRR, you’re now not “out” of the military. You’re nonetheless in the prepared reserve, situation to annual muster and challenge to mobilization.
– Continue to engage in physical health to assist hold your deployable reputation.
– Strive to reap at the very least 50 retirement factors for every retirement yr within the IRR.
– Answer HRC correspondences to you requiring a reaction. Store HRC data correspondences in a selected folder for future reference.
– Fully examine and recognize your HRC muster orders, and file for muster as instructed in these orders. Bring requested documentation.
– Surrender your Reserve ID card within the event of your reenlistment with the TPU or Active Duty; receive a CAC in its location.
– You can drill with this or another unit if you want points, however no longer for pay, at the same time as in the IRR fame. The Career Counselor has details on how you may accomplish this.
– At the quit of your MSO, with no reenlistment, surrender your DD Form 2, Reserve ID card (Green).
– Understand that the day after your MSO ends, you may automatically emerge as within the Militia of the United States and of the country/territory you are living in. Federal regulation identifies in a position-bodied man from 17 to forty-five, nation regulation identifies similar or unique age stages. Some states include women in that class. This means that when your MSO ETS if you’re in this group, you are an issue to armed forces muster via orders of the president or your governor.
– Effective your switch into the IRR, the IRR unit patch becomes your unit patch. You’ll additionally use the IRR regimental badge in an area of [current unit badge] on your Asus.
– While within the IRR, hold communique with HRC and replace them along with your modern-day cope with, phone, electronic mail, activity, scientific repute, and many others., adjustments.
DA 4856: Session Closing:
– I recognize the alternatives and present-day SRIP incentives available to me for persevering with the TPU. I will lose TPU specific advantages even as keeping IRR particular advantages once I’m formally within the IRR. While inside the IRR, I’m eligible to earn as a minimum 50 retirement factors for that year to count number in the direction of retirement. I might also get those factors thru mobilization, HRC issued AT orders, and many others. I can be the concern to an APFT at the start of an HRC issued AT order. I will maintain HRC published on the deal with, smartphone wide variety, and e-mail adjustments even as I’m within the IRR. I will surrender my CAC and obtain a DD Form 2 (Reserve) inexperienced ID card upon transfer into the IRR. At the quit of my MSO, I Will give up this green ID card at the nearest ID card workplace. I will hold to drill and keep conversation with the unit until the date on my IRR switch orders. After my switch into the IRR, I’ll keep communication with HRC. I will familiarize myself with the important thing points of discussion, and carry out the publications of movement.
– Despite what has been mentioned above, I wish to request the transfer to the IRR. I remember that there is no assure concerning this packet’s approval or disapproval.
AR one hundred forty-10 Army Reserve Assignments, Attachments, Details, and Transfers
AR one hundred forty-185 Training and Retirement Point Credits and Unit Level Strength Accounting Records