An organization of researchers has written to the HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, Home Minister Amit Shah, and Principal Scientific Adviser to the PMO K VijayRaghavan, accusing a few participants of the Aam Aadmi Party of creating a ruckus on the IIT Guwahati campus, calling for the institute’s shut down. The grievance says that the AAP members entered the campus illegally and evacuated numerous students from laboratories whilst threatening them.
On January 8, 2019, the incident came to mild just a few days ago, after a video that indicates the photos of incidents went viral. Here, someone believed to be an Aam Aadmi Party worker clad in a saffron kurta is seen on foot into the labs and forcefully asking the students to close down their computer systems. They desired the institute to be closed due to a protest in opposition to the NRC Bill in Assam. When they refused, he asked, “Computer methods kya?” which translates to “Should I wreck the computer systems?” He is also heard commanding a scholar to now not turn on the pc on that day.
Post the incident, the institute’s Dean of Academic Affairs had issued a circular informing the students that the institute would continue to be closed on that day. The supplementary assessments that were scheduled to be held on that day had been additionally canceled. “One of the those who created a ruckus that day is Elvin Baruah, an AAP employee. He had published the videos from that day on his Facebook profile,” says a research student in IITG. “I became stunned to look that he even had a picture with Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal,” he says.
The criticism that turned into filed on August 21 says that no inquiry turned into performed in this difficulty. “Students are not safe inner authorities institutions if politically affiliated human beings can threaten the body of workers and college students as per their wish at any time and location in the campus. Government of India has an obligation to ensure the safety of students and team of workers working in its establishments,” reads the complaint. “It is our request to provoke a detailed probe into the matter, take punitive measures towards the culprits, and tighten the safety measures inner IIT Guwahati. Such activities might be dangerous now not only toward the Institution however also closer to the Government of India in the end,” it reads.
Former Union minister and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) stalwart Arun Jaitley, handed away at sixty-six years at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi on Saturday, wherein he became under remedy for over 15 days. Jaitley was admitted to the sanatorium on August nine after he complained of breathing problems.
The former union minister changed into one of the maximum articulate defenders of the BJP and its governmental regulations both within the Parliament and out of doors. As a Parliamentarian and minister, the veteran chief had set an excessive benchmark of probity. There are some thrilling statistics about him that a lot of us do now not understand.
– Jaitley was the leader strategy planner of the BJP for the 2014 election and became one of the reasons for its landslide victory.
– In 2014, he had contested direct elections for the primary time however lost to Congress Leader Amarinder Singh from the Amritsar seat.
– He became very fond of the game of cricket. He has also served because of the Vice President of BCCI earlier than his resignation in 2014.
– In 1999, whilst the Atal Vihari Vajpayee Led NDA came into electricity, Jaitley became appointed the Minister of State and held essential portfolios like regulation and justice, information and broadcasting, and the Minister of State for Disinvestment. He turned into one of Vajpayee’s most relied-on aides, who promoted him to a Cabinet rank most effective after a year.
– Jaitley finished his graduation in Commerce from Shri Ram College and then graduated with Law from Delhi University.
aFrom 1980 to the early 90s, BJP changed into suffering to emerge as a mainstream political birthday party in India.- In 1980, when the BJP changed into formed, Jaitley became its Youth Wing President. Under Vajpayee and Lal Krishna Advani, BJP changed into seeking to make an effect whilst Jaitley became tasked to convert the kid’s brigade of BJP into determined politicians.